Thursday, July 28, 2011

Adjustments

It didn't take long for me to figure out what the holes in Zx were.

Jin-Gitaxis doesn't make sense in this deck because I can't use it effectively; sure I get to draw seven cards (which is rich like candy from a stripper) but the goal of Zx is to prevent my opponent from taking another turn.

So the opponent's hand doesn't get emptied and in the meantime I've got a vanilla 5/4.

Two Venser, Shaper Savant and another Teferi were added to replace Jin-Gitaxis. Jin will have its day, somehow. I just don't know how yet.

No, wait. I do. We'll keep it between us for now. And by between us I mean; for such time that I can play it in a deck and write about it.

Back to Zx: I really like Preordain because it's cheap but I'm wondering if the instant Oona's Grace wouldn't be better. Since I can get lands back, discarding them isn't an issue and until the Horn of Greeds come online being able to draw cards repeatedly is a good thing. I'll likely be making that change soon, just to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment