Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Kickback

I didn't really have a connective tissue between the name of this deck and the qualities of it but that's OK. The name kicks around in my head because when I was a child, I usually had Kickback leading the evil forces, as I saw no reason to spend money on Megatron. Irrelevant data before decklist!
3 Phyrexian Boon
4 Curiosity

4 Baleful Strix
3 Urborg Drake
2 Crosis, the Purger
3 Nightscape Familiar
3 Cloud of Faeries
4 Glen Elendra Liege
2 Kederekt Creeper

3 Crosis's Charm
3 Grixis Charm
4 Lash Out

6 Island
1 Grixis Panorama
1 Terramorphic Expanse
4 Crumbling Necropolis
4 Mountain
6 Swamp
Yes, it's another Liege deck. And I love liege decks. The unique turn I've taken on this deck is that it's a three color deck: adding red to get more out of Nightscape Familiar. Plus, I get to run Crosis, the Purger. Who doesn't want to play giant dragons?

There are a few secrets to Kickback: the Liege is one but so is the overall efficiency of this deck: Cloud of Faeries, the Charms, cheap, nasty beasts that are difficutl to block. The only real issue is the mana, which in current playtests have been very kind to me.

Watch how this series will show how badly I'm going to get hit with mana issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment