Friday, September 13, 2019

Build It Up High

Wasting away vs Dreadnought deck
So far, Wasting Away has been performing like you might expect: If I can get a Death Pits of Rath in play and any source of damage, I'm set.

If I can't, I'm in trouble. So, the goal going forward is going to be twofold:

1) Ensure I can get the combo set up.

and/or

2) Command the Dreadhorde if that fails.

The games have been engaging so far, which means I'll be looking to improve instead of dismantle this deck.

Now that the prelim is done, let's talk changes.

Out
4 Dark Ritual
2 Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant
2 Disenchant
3 Spirit Link
1 Terashi's Grasp

In
3 Command the Dreadhorde
3 The Wanderer
2 Basilisk Collar
4 High Priest of Penance

High Priest of Penance. Now, more copies of Basilisk Collar because I have some! And it's a better card than Spirit Link, able to enchant the Knights (which Soul Link can't) as well as continuing to exist if my creatures die.

With The Wanderer and Command the Dreadhorde additions, the cost of doing business goes up, so I wanted to find something inexpensive and cheap to help me get to the mid-to-late game. Enter, the High Priest.

Now, are there other cards that might fit in thematically? Sure. Am I using this good card effectively? Maybe not. Is it just a good card to stuff in a 2 CMC sized hole in this deck? Hell yes it is.

Let's see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment