Tuesday, November 12, 2019

3-0 vs 1-2

This was the draft set that took me to to a 3-0 record (5-0-1 in games) on Saturday at the Siege II release event.

24 hours later, I was to go 1-2 (2-5) with another draft, same set.

Wins/losses-these are only the result of chance. But those chances shift if you focus on the process. Did I play to the best of my ability or not? 

So I choose to focus on the process. Saturday, I saw a good plan executed well. I had characters that cared about black pips with a smattering of green, so I tried to make sure I got those. Then, with a little luck and a little skill, I was able to make this deck work.

Sunday I had to adapt more and learn from mistakes on the fly. I had drafted battle cards poorly and not paid enough attention to the star value of them, which lead to me revamping my original character set in a big way, leaving me with a deck that didn't mesh as well with those characters. Still, by the end, I was starting to pick up the tricks that I had, utilize the cards given to me, and play better.

Was it perfect? No; having a clearer vision to start would've helped. Also; stopping to fully read every character I had to rebuild with so I knew what I was (re)doing would've been a good choice-one I will make next time. But I got better and that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment