Tuesday, November 10, 2020

The Mix Might Glow

Rollin vs Tiny Red Creatures

Even though Rollin' has been working out well, there is still a point where I feel I have to ask: what if I'm just wrong? 

Edgewalker is a great card. Free or severely reduced costs are a great thing. 

But is it right for this deck?

Similarly, Order of Whiteclay is crowding the three mana slot, but with now six effects that bring creatures back, (I'm sticking with Orah) maybe something else should come to play.

Time to try out the Archfiend's Vessel! And while I'm going a little lower to the ground I can up the Cleric of Life's Bond to four, and maybe have a stronger threat count to deal with. 

The results have been very encouraging. Vessel's lifelink ability isn't irrelevant, and once it's in my graveyard, any reanimation effect gives me a 5/5 flyer. That's something people don't like to see. The Cleric can grow pretty big early, and still be a reasonable threat in the midgame. 

The other bonus of Archfiend's Vessel is that as a lifelinker, the card helps extend the game to the point where I can draw enough resources to overcome my opponent. Without card draw, I have to stack the odds in my favor to get a Winds of Abandon, Grave Pact, or Living Death and one way I can do that is to gain enough life to give me time.

It's been working so far, and I'm pretty happy about it!

Where I am still torn is on the Vito/Orah split, so I'm going to be keeping an eye on that in future games. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment