Tuesday, February 23, 2021

I Belong

 Alright, I think this is where I leave it.

4 Izzet Signet
3 Booby Trap
3 Lantern of Insight

4 Incinerate
2 Counterspell
4 Memory Lapse
2 Metamorphose
3 Fire // Ice
2 Sulfurous Blast
4 Risk Factor
2 Ionize

7 Mountain
2 Caldera Lake
7 Island
4 Temple of Epiphany
1 Shivan Reef
2 Izzet Boilerworks

1 Argivian Restoration
3 Storm's Wrath
I'll admit, this deck is still a glass cannon, desperate to land a Booby Trap to do the final points of damage. But it's an amusing glass cannon, and it doesn't have the anxiety of combo decks that 'may or may not' go off. Instead, it's the slow anxiety of whether or not you'll get the Booby Trap out...and if you can name the right card. The dread that an opponent faces knowing that the next draw is quite likely their last. 

Ionize was a nice addition and Fire//Ice have been doing great. 

Yeah, I still have a problem if an opponent lands a 5+ toughness creature too early, but let's face it, most decks are going to have that problem. And I like that this deck forces me to think differently when I play, trying to pick my most opportune moments to use a Risk Factor or a Counterspell. Sure, it breaks easy but when Call My Body Home goes off, it's a lot of fun. 



No comments:

Post a Comment