Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Yes We Die

Yup, it's another riff on a deck I saw online. Named after a Dagoba song, I figured it was appropriate, given the endgame. 


MainSideboard
4Chain of Smog3Bala Ged Recovery // Bala Ged Sanctuary
1Thoughtseize3Hagra Mauling // Hagra Broodpit
4Sedgemoor Witch4Pernicious Deed
4Witherbloom Apprentice4Leyline of the Void
2Murderous Rider // Swift End4Veil of Summer
2Grist, the Hunger Tide3Tsabo's Web
3Beanstalk Giant // Fertile Footsteps
4Abundant Harvest
4Sudden Edict
2Fabled Passage
6Forest
6Swamp
3Hagra Mauling // Hagra Broodpit
3Bala Ged Recovery // Bala Ged Sanctuary
3Once Upon a Time
4Hymn to Tourach
4Nurturing Peatland
1Dragonsguard Elite



Obviously a work in progress.

This is the casual version. I'm thinking about taking a tuned up version to the Friday night events, because it has an 'I win' condition (Chain of Smog + Witherbloom Apprentice), which previous decks I've run did not. 

Also, I really like B/G as as color combination. 

Now, casually this is a very tight build-not a lot of lands, use of the double faced cards like Bala Ged Recovery and Hagara Mauling to make up for that. It's fairly low to the ground, which is good but the lands that enter tapped do create a delay. 

Again: under casual circumstances, I'm OK with that. Going into an FNM, I'm going to have to change it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment