Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Broderick And Ba'ar

OK, so this is the series of decks I've made for Warhammer Conquest, in preparation for a big Thanksgiving weekend series. I built nine decks over the course of under a week, and then did revisions on a few decks as new cards arrived and new ideas gained exposure. 

All of which to say: if some things aren't successful, well, this is definitely a work in progress!

We'll start with the start over. Broderick Worr was the first Conquest deck I made and it was just a thematic pull; everyone hates Worr, so the army he gets is conscripts and Orks who don't care who they fight for. Surprisingly, it worked! At least it was fun to play. 

While revising this deck, a card jumped out at me that I had not noticed before, Inquisitoral Fortress

What I didn't notice until the last game I played (this time against Broderick) was that any army unit that retreats is destroyed, not just my own. So forcing an opponent's unit home could give me a numbers advantage at an important time, and make retreating a poor choice for them. 


Broderick Worr  (Decree of Ruin)

Army (31)
2  Penal Legionnaire  (Core Set)
3  Sacaellum Shrine Guard  (Boundless Hate)
2  Tallarn Raiders  (Zogwort's Curse)
2  Void Pirate  (Core Set)
4  Anxious Infantry Platoon  (Decree of Ruin)
3  Evil Sunz Warbiker  (The Threat Beyond)
3  Goff Brawlers  (Legions of Death)
3  Iron Guard Recruits  (The Scourge)
1  Rokkitboy  (Core Set)
3  Snakebite Thug  (The Threat Beyond)
1  Stalwart Ogryn  (Core Set)
1  Captain Markis  (Core Set)
3  Interrogator Acolyte  (The Howl of Blackmane)

Attachment (3)
1  Commissarial Bolt Pistol  (Decree of Ruin)
2  M35 Galaxy Lasgun  (What Lurks Below)

Event (10)
2  Summary Execution  (Decree of Ruin)
3  Inspirational Fervor  (Deadly Salvage)
2  No Surprises  (Jungles of Nectavus)
1  Preemptive Barrage  (Core Set)
1  Snotling Attack  (Core Set)
1  Squig Bombin'  (Core Set)

Support (6)
2  Troop Transport  (Boundless Hate)
1  Forward Barracks  (Decree of Ruin)
3  Inquisitorial Fortress  (The Scourge)

Next up was Ba'ar Zul the Hate-Bound. This was the second deck I ever built, but hoboy when I did some comparisons to what other people had done, I saw that I had effectively misbuilt the entire deck. Plus, there were a bunch of new cards for me to incorporate.

One deck that I saw had something on the order of 35 army units, which is overwhelming. I'm not sure how they play that many cards out but it certainly gave me something to think about. I did revamp it to become a bit more tribal and trying to synergize better with what Zul does.

Ba'ar Zul the Hate-Bound  (Boundless Hate)

Army (32)
2  Splintered Path Acolyte  (Core Set)
2  Frenzied Bloodthirster  (The Final Gambit)
3  Berzerker Warriors  (Wrath of the Crusaders)
3  Cajivak the Hateful  (Overrun)
2  Chaos Fanatics  (Core Set)
3  Ravening Psycopath  (Decree of Ruin)
3  Advocator of Blood  (By Imperial Decree)
4  Ba'ar Zul's Cleavers  (Boundless Hate)
2  Ireful Vanguard  (By Imperial Decree)
1  Khorne Berzerker  (Core Set)
3  Noise Marine Zealots  (The Threat Beyond)
2  Roghrax Bloodhand  (The Great Devourer)
2  Prodigal Sons Disciple  (Deadly Salvage)

Attachment (5)
3  Khornate Chain Axe  (Deadly Salvage)
1  The Butcher's Nails  (Boundless Hate)
1  Rune-Encrusted Armor  (Core Set)

Event (11)
2  Blood For The Blood God!  (Boundless Hate)
3  Doombolt (Zogwort's Curse)
3  Everlasting Rage  (Promise of War)
3  Sowing Chaos  (Decree of Ruin)

Support (2)
1  Cult of Khorne  (Aligned Stars)
1  Kaerux Erameas  (Boundless Hate)

No comments:

Post a Comment