Thursday, December 21, 2023

~Slaps Hood~ You Can Get So Much Value In Here

 

In the first outing, Kynaios & Tiro did some good stuff. 

First: it wasn't strictly a pillowfort deck. I was able to generate a ton of tokens, providing a steady stream of pressure. With just a few boosts, from Retreat to Kazandu and Dictate of Heliod, my small threats became sizable enough to have a meaningful impact on the game.

And in a match with Kardur, Doomscourge; Ravos, Soultender and Tana, the Bloodsower; and Hazezon Tamar, I felt I had things to do. I was able to recover from board wipes, and still keep myself in the game. Certainly, it helped that my Commander was difficult to remove but hey, that's a them problem, right?

One weird card that showed up which I really questioned was Realm Seekers. How did that card not get cut?

You can even see the card in play in the picture-it has 16 +1/+1 counters on it (represented by the white die), which would make you think: Hey, that's great!

But by the time I can play Realm Seekers, I've already got all the land I want. In a four color deck, having cheaper mana fixing is a much better idea. I'm actually thinking Thaumatic Compass might be a great idea.  

Thinking about it, some of the other transforming lands from Ixalan might be worth considering, since I can bounce them and replay the transformed side for value. I have some very interesting choices

No comments:

Post a Comment