Thursday, July 23, 2026

Tiny Arms

 I like Grimlock, but I got a lesson in it's limitations recently.

I was playing Matt who was playing my Sandstorm deck-which I am just now realizing I never followed up on!

So I'll get that posted soon. But Matt couldn't get the deck going, which meant I had time to both set up my deck and take out his smaller creatures. I chalk a little of that up to him being a new pilot 

However, later that day, I was playing against a B/W Bats deck that just had my number. Cheap creatures with evasion, scaling power and lifegain meant that by the time I could get my deck set up, the game was over. 

The closest I got was when I landed a Vein Ripper and even that wasn't enough.

Now there's a couple lessons: one is that Grimlock is going to be taken down by fast decks, and I should be looking at board resets. My deck should be more resilient to resets than my opponent's. 

But also: this deck, as neat as it is, can't be all things. And that's OK. Take the wins where you can. 


No comments:

Post a Comment