Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Wait...You Were Working On A Sliver Deck, Right?

This is true! I was. Am.

Well, what can I say. The holidays are a good time to play Magic, sometimes and sometimes I end up playing a lot of Commander instead.

I did get one final game in with Jason against a UW Miracles deck that wasn't using Counterbalance. Early beats combined with a few misplays using Sensei's Divining Top and the best reset Jason could find being Devastation Tide meant that I could put the hurt on before any kind of delay tactics could win him the game. I held on to Collected Company as a way to try and recover from Terminus, if I saw it but fortunately for me, games never got that far.

I made a few final tweaks to the deck: Frenzy Sliver came out for a second Leeching Sliver because the guaranteed life loss triggers are better than possible power increase triggers.

A second Necrotic Sliver was put in because it's one of those cards that opponents hate to see and I should run as many of those as I can. Similarly, I swapped a Manaweft Sliver for a Predatory because more pump is good and opponents hate to see that card. With the two Cavern of Souls, I think my mana issues will be fine.

In the end, I'm satisfied with this list-it's almost tournament worthy, I think. Here you go:

4 Sliver Hive
14 Forest
2 Cavern of Souls
2 Mana Confluence

1 Blade Sliver
1 Bonesplitter Sliver
1 Two-Headed Sliver
1 Striking Sliver
1 Shadow Sliver
1 Sidewinder Sliver
2 Sinew Sliver
1 Ward Sliver
1 Brood Sliver
1 Horned Sliver
2 Manaweft Sliver
2 Gemhide Sliver
2 Predatory Sliver
1 Harmonic Sliver
2 Necrotic Sliver
1 Sliver Hivelord
1 Sliver Overlord
1 Sliver Queen
3 Bone Harvest
1 Galerider Sliver
3 Collected Company
1 Venom Sliver
2 Leeching Sliver
1 Crystalline Sliver
1 Winged Sliver
1 Syphon Sliver

2 Vines of Vastwood

No comments:

Post a Comment