Tuesday, September 25, 2018

It's All About The Games

Zedruu vs InallaThere's an interesting set of tools that Inalla is providing me with and I'm finding that games go a little better for me if I focus on them, and not as much on the 'tap/untap' function of Inalla herself that I was hoping to use.

That doesn't mean I'm cutting it: Turnabout is a great card and Jace, Ingenious Mind Mage unanswered has been creating problems as well as being underrated by opponents. I generally don't charge up my decks with enough power, so having anything that creates problems is good.

What I've also been learning is to play a bit more deliberately. Really planning out a line of play before I get to my turn and then having to stop to double check that line. Wizards are generally fragile creatures so I can't bully my way through a game.

On the upside, I think I've gotten Inalla in a good spot. The combo kill is available but it isn't oppressive. Kess has been cut for, of all things, Stonybrook Banneret.

3 player Inalla game
Kess is a great card but it doesn't fit in this deck: there aren't enough instants or sorceries to make the ability worthwhile. With Archaeomancer and Izzet Chronarch in the deck and the ability to duplicate their triggers with Inalla, removing a spell from my graveyard isn't pushing the value meter.

You know what will go really well with Kess? The new cards from Guilds of Ravnica that count instants or sorceries in your graveyard or exile. Cackling Drake, Ral, Izzet Viceroy, and Beacon Bolt....hey wait...

But I don't want to get distracted. I've spent weeks on Inalla and I believe this deck has a solid gameplan and ways to get to the later game, where it wants to be. The fat has been trimmed and while I don't think I inherently have to do anything broken, I have a little power in my back pocket to utilize if I need to.

Across multiple games in both 1v1 and multiplayer situations, I've been able to leverage my position into the mid and late games, and I'm having a lot of fun doing it. Which means I think I can set this one down. It's a good deck with not a lot of improvements to make and that's about where I want my Commander decks to be.

Let's do a final decklist!

Inalla, Archmage Ritualist

Instant1 Comet Storm
1 Polymorphist's Jest
1 Chaos Warp
1 Memory Plunder
1 Silumgar's Command
1 Into the Roil
1 Reality Shift
1 Go for the Throat
1 Crosis's Charm
1 Rakdos Charm
1 Terminate
1 Turnabout
Artifacts
1 Nevinyrral's Disk
1 Commander's Sphere
1 Darksteel Ingot
1 Fellwar Stone
1 Sol Ring
1 Unstable Obelisk
1 Worn Powerstone
1 Dimir Cluestone
1 Izzet Cluestone
1 Rakdos Cluestone
Enchantment1 Curse of Verbosity
1 Curse of Disturbance
1 Curse of Opulence

Planeswalker
1 Jace, Ingenious Mind-Mage
Sorcery
1 Kindred Dominance
1 Clone Legion
1 Spelltwine
1 Necromantic Selection
1 Mutilate
Lands
1 Exotic Orchard
10 Island
6 Swamp
4 Mountain
1 Path of Ancestry
1 Command Tower
1 Crumbling Necropolis
1 Dimir Aqueduct
1 Dismal Backwater
1 Evolving Wilds
1 Grixis Panorama
1 Izzet Boilerworks
1 Jwar Isle Refuge
1 Rakdos Carnarium
1 Swiftwater Cliffs
1 Temple of the False God
1 Terramorphic Expanse
1 Vivid Crag
1 Vivid Creek
1 Vivid Marsh


Creatures
1 Galecaster Colossus
1 Portal Mage
1 Vindictive Lich
1 Havengul Lich
1 Vela the Night-Clad
1 Arcanis the Omnipotent
1 Azami, Lady of Scrolls
1 Body Double
1 Harbinger of the Tides
1 Serendib Sorcerer
1 Apprentice Necromancer
1 Puppeteer Clique
1 Etherium-Horn Sorcerer
1 Mercurial Chemister
1 Nin, the Pain Artist
1 Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
1 Shadowmage Infiltrator
1 Bloodline Necromancer
1 Archaeomancer
1 Merchant of Secrets
1 Sea Gate Oracle
1 Corpse Augur
1 Izzet Chronarch
1 Nivix Guildmage
1 Wanderwine Prophets
1 Notion Thief
1 Vedalken Aethermage
1 Dragon Mage
1 Deadeye Navigator
1 Psychosis Crawler
1 Stonybrook Banneret



No comments:

Post a Comment