Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Klaxions

Red Alert vs BU reanimator
I took out the Kari Zev cards because the creature didn't seem aggressive enough and the Expertise would, in the case of the Abbot and the Daredevil, leave me with needing mana to pay for whatever they do, after already paying 3 mana.

It's possible I'm wrong about Kari Zev as a creature: Menace is a relevant ability and could mean getting a point of damage in on attacks that otherwise wouldn't happen, allowing me to take advantage of Light Up The Stage. However, I wanted to try another card to help clear pathways to my opponent, Satyr Firedancer.

This didn't work out as much as I wanted it too and a couple days after the fact, I'm thinking it was because of the matchups: Jason decided to treat me to a night of "all mill, no creature" decks, which, yes: Satyr Firedancer isn't going to do much against, and a RB reanimator deck and again, direct damage isn't as helpful as I'd like it to be against Griselbrand.

While Jason's decks are part of my metagame, though, they are not all of the metagame and most of my opponents use smaller creatures to get where they're going. At the very least, Satyr Firedancer seems like excellent sideboard material. I'd like to try them against some other opponents though, to see if they'll be useful in non-reanimator/mill matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment