Thursday, December 16, 2021

The Retired: Any Colour You Like

I know, I know: I did a writeup of this! I had 'fixed' it!

But let's take a look:

1 Distorting Lens
1 Grindstone

1 Painter's Servant

4 Shifting Sky
4 Dream Tides

2 Blue Elemental Blast
4 Hydroblast
4 Jolt
4 Lim-Dûl's Vault

2 Salt Marsh
2 Darkwater Catacombs
8 Swamp
9 Island
3 Dismal Backwater

3 Perish
2 Foresee
2 Mind Spring
4 Diabolic Tutor
Really, this deck just doesn't have the needed cards to do what it should, namely four copies of Grindstone and Painter's Servant. This is entirely related to the cost: Painter's Servant is a $50 card and until recently, Grindstone was $25 and I was not willing to pay those kinds of prices for a deck that I was admittedly doing on a lark.

In the meantime, there are Darkwater Catacombs and Lim-Dul's Vaults going to waste here! Time to let this go for something more engaging to me. And the Painter's Servant/Grindstone combo can go into a Commander deck that mills or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment