Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Feel So Much

Treefolk vs Zombies

The losses stacked up enough that for a few days, I had no idea what to do. When I don't know what to do, I research.

Looking for decks that go with Timber Protector, I really didn't find much. Commander is still the most popular format and the demands of that format are different than for sixty card decks. Still, stumbling on at a deck made with Doran reminded me that I am running Black in Xnoybis, and that color has plenty of removal options for the early game.

Cards like Abrupt Decay and Assassin's Trophy aren't ones I can easily dismiss. Then I decided to dig even further: Basri Ket as a three mana Planeswalker that can immediately start to take my early creatures and make them more formidable walls. Again, not something to wave away. 

After some lengthy thought on the matter though, I wondered if I was coming at this from the wrong angle. If I'm getting overwhelmed by creatures because I only have spot removal, why am I running spot removal? 

I have Timber Protector and Heroic Intervention: maybe mass removal is the solution?

This, of course, opens up a whole new direction for the deck and I'm not sure that is a good thing. There are mana questions that come up, because any Black mass removal requires BB: similarly most White mass removal is WW-much easier to come up with in this deck, of course, but there are color demands just the same.

Looks like there's going to be an overhaul. 




No comments:

Post a Comment