Tuesday, May 3, 2022

New Capenna Commander: Hot Take

If you want the proper overview, The Professor has you covered. I'm here to give you the quick hit. 

The bad: They cost me $60 each. 

Six. Zero.

What the actual fuck? I remember when these decks cost $25 and just last year when I bought them, they cost around $35 each. 

I don't like to talk shit about my local game store but this pricing is a Very Bad Look. I'll be shopping around in the future, because this exists

And even with that, $45 is still pretty spendy. But paying an extra $15 is...well that's my bad but I still feel like that wasn't OK. 

The good:

The packaging used to have a lot more plastic to it. Now, the only plastic things in here are the wrapping for the deck, and the hub that holds the life spanner together. I've been one of many asking for more environmentally friendly packaging and I'm really glad to see WotC deliver on it. 

The other thing I've noticed is that the mana base is getting some upgrades. The mana producing lands are better, and anything that helps bring down the cost of a part of the game that is required to play, is good. 

So I'm glad to see those improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment