Thursday, July 19, 2012

Disposable Heroes

Last Monday I loaned this deck to a pal who needed one. He said that he kept finding himself short lands: three in play with a grip full of 4CC cards. I figured that was as good a reason as any to bring this deck to the spotlight and give it a shot. Maybe it needs some work. This is the list I pulled from my computer:
3 Ajani Goldmane
2 Samurai of the Pale Curtain
3 Devoted Retainer
2 Elite Vanguard
2 Soltari Foot Soldier
1 Soltari Priest
4 Celestial Crusader
1 Paladin en-Vec
3 Order of the White Shield
2 White Knight
3 Dawn Elemental
2 Crovax, Ascendant Hero
2 Mystic Crusader
4 Arrest
4 Light from Within
4 New Benalia
18 Plains
Except when I went to actually count the cards, this deck was short a Devoted Retainer and a Plains.

Which poses its own set of issues. This is the second deck in a month I've discovered is short cards and the cards have been too random in the 'missing' category for me to suspect theft. Negligence is much more likely so here is your warning; Pay attention to your cards, people! This deck is only missing commons: the last deck was missing a mythic rare.

I may have to quit carrying around so many cards. We shall see.

Now, to make it weird on top of everything else, when I goldfished Disposable Heroes, I rarely felt short on mana. This was before I realized I was two cards short. Despite that, most of the goldfish games I had, the mana was fine.

Since this is the case, I'm going to load the two missing cards up and give it a run as stands. White Weenie has been a solid strategy for a long, long time: This is pretty solidly in that tradition, I think, with the bonus of having a backup plan of making my creatures huge. Initial tests have been good but I'll be keeping the mana issue in mind as I move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment