Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Stronger Than Strong

So let's make changes:

Swift Warkite
Atarka, World Render
Destructor Dragon
4 Dragonlord's Servant
Harbinger of the Hunt
Thunderbreak Regent
3 Radiant Flames
3 Painful Truths
2 Bloodfell Caves
2 Jungle Hollow
Crucible of the Spirit Dragon

Out:
4 Dragonspeaker Shaman (the double red is hard on the mana base)
2 Fledgling Dragon
Dragon Whelp
3 Titan's Revenge
2 Starstorm
Crimson Hellkite (triple red is even harder)
Imperial Hellkite
Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund (for now)
2 Forest
2 Mountain

While paging through my binders, I found Crux of Fate and I was sorely tempted to add that in. However, I'm going to bank-at least for the moment-on the idea that drawing cards and small board sweepers are better than having board sweepers that are somewhat challenging to cast. Maybe there is a UBW dragon deck in my future or maybe Crux of Fate will need to come in anyway.

I'm also tempted to look into a Sarkhan for this deck as well.  Sure, Sarkhan Unbroken has a color requirement that is difficult and Sarkhan the Mad is terrible so...then again, maybe not.

Harbinger of the Hunt looks like a great support card and Swift Warkite can regrow a Dragonlord's Servant or, more likely, a Fierce Empath to help me keep pressure on.

With the addition of some better dragons, card draw and cheaper creature kill, hopefully Gigantor will be able to produce some victories, or at least show me where I should take the deck next.

No comments:

Post a Comment