Thursday, March 2, 2017

Learning Via Losses

This is a long one and it tends to focus more on the Commander format for its examples but I think it's worth the read.

I'm happy to say that doing the post-game debrief is pretty common amongst people I play with, as we're always trying to make the game better for each other. Suggestions for alternate cards and questions about different lines of play come up all the time.

I think that it's pretty cool that we're trying to help each other out.

In contrast, here's an article on dealing with wins.

I find it interesting, in that both things want to focus on process. Forget outcomes, look at how you are doing what you do.

Which is an interesting notion to ponder the next time I find myself winning anything. I am wondering if I focus more on process if I will be able to stay calmer and perform better.

No comments:

Post a Comment