Thursday, August 13, 2020

Untitled

What if I took some Planeswalkers and tried to get a deck out of them?

I have felt that Jace, Cunning Castaway was underused: it's a three mana planeswalker that does stuff and maybe even gets to copy itself. That seems neat! 

I own these cards: Let's use some and build something.

4 Illusionary Servant
4 Lord of the Unreal
4 Krovikan Mist
3 Hypnotic Sprite

3 Brainstorm
3 Mana Leak
3 Opt
3 Polymorphist's Jest

23 Island

2 Kasmina, Enigmatic Mentor
3 Jace, Cunning Castaway
3 Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer
2 Tezzeret, Artifice Master

I don't have a title for this deck, yet. It's brand new, and it doesn't feel like it has a theme to rally around. 

What I can tell you is that initially I was running more Kasmina and zero Polymorphist's Jest. Kasmina might be a card that I really want to work, but doesn't quite. The thinking is: she will help protect all of my relevant permanents, and can help me dig through the deck, which all seems like a win-win. 

Early tests though demonstrated that I needed ways to interact with the board. My creatures are generally 2/2s or bigger: why not just make everything 1/1s? 

That was the first change and there will undoubtedly be more, but this is a good place to start.


No comments:

Post a Comment