Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Yeah, OK

Blot vs UG Spirits
The games felt better.

That was the first thing I noticed about the games I played with Lauriel, who agreed that I had a concept that worked-but was pretty clearly weak to aggressive strategies. 

Which is true; Propaganda is a turn 3 play, which means that on the draw, I could easily find myself within the reach of a burn deck.

But that's OK! Blot doesn't have to be perfect. 

It does push me in different directions, though: this deck rewards patience and required me to focus on my decisions. In a couple of games, I had Intruder Alarm out to help stymie attackers, building up counters on my creatures until other resources, such as Opposition or Propaganda could come online. 

Under normal circumstances, I would be concerned about Wrath of God effects but those seem to have fallen out of favor lately. I can't remember a 60 card matchup where sweeper spells have been run this year. In that case, I'd be looking for a card like Heroic Intervention at least in the sideboard. As a bonus, Heroic Intervention works as a Fog effect, in that it allows me to block without fear of losing my boardstate so it might be useful for some of the aggressive matches, too. 

With more copies of Propaganda in the sideboard, maybe even some copies of Lull, too, I think the matchup can shift towards me. (I cut the singleton Lull for a singleton Tamiyo, the Moon Sage because one card is clearly better to draw than the other.).

Anyway: here goes!

3 Thallid
4 Sporesower Thallid
3 Sporoloth Ancient
3 Thelonite Hermit
4 Utopia Mycon
2 Thrummingbird

3 Intruder Alarm
3 Opposition
2 Propaganda

4 Sprout Swarm
2 Steady Progress
4 Expel from Orazca

11 Forest
7 Island
4 Flooded Grove

1 Tamiyo, the Moon Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment