Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Evaluations

Blot vs UB tap stuff

What to do, right? 

After last week's debacle of games, I sat down to take another look at Blot.

How does this deck actually win?

Fortunately, my one win last week told me: I generate infinite creatures with Intruder Alarm plus Sprout Swarm and attack with a bunch of saprolings. 

So what does this deck actually need?

It needs time. 

I found some Thrummingbirds to help accelerate the saproling growth process, and was messing around with Lull as a way to give me extra turns. Creature combat has become the primary path to victory, so my thinking was: hey, it's a free turn every time  I cast it.

With that came copies of Expel from Orazca, a card that I'm sure can be solid in the early game and a big tempo shift in the mid to late game. Denying someone a draw step is a heck of a trick and if used at the right time, you can mess with people's Brainstorms or fetch lands. 

Then serendipity stepped in, which is always nice. I was putting some cards away-specifically a Rolling Thunder-and I came across two copies of Propaganda in my binder. 

Well, let's not look a gift horse in the mouth, right? Because what's better than Lull giving me one turn? A perpetual cost that slows my opponent down for the entire game. 

Let's roll with that, and see where it takes me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment