Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Sheathe The Blackblade

Dakkon vs Kitties
(This meant to go up last Thursday. Whoops!)

The cards from Commander 2020 definitely have a place in this Dakkon deck. What I'm still not sure about is the mana base. 34 lands isn't much, yet I still seem to find myself mana flooded. 

That might just be bad luck, but it doesn't seem like it, since I have more cards than ever with cycling. 

I've also realized that I've overlooked some cards out of Onslaught block, which I can't believe I'd forgotten had cycling, until I saw Eternal Dragon as part of the current Commander deck with cycling as its theme. 

But there are much better cards to use now, even while I do not forget the spice of the previous cards. Decree of Silence seems SO good and yet...I just can't justify it.

Another task that I cannot believe I forgot until recently was that I had failed to recalibrate the color requirements for this deck after making changes. Turns out I need a lot more Swamps than I thought. 

So there's been more tweaks but play still was difficult. The deck just kept floundering, until I realized that I couldn't have a 'one turn I win' moment. I needed to pace my play out slower and play defense-meaning play out my creatures, and just wait it out. I have reanimation strategies so it really is in my interest to stall until I'm ready.  

So here's were I'm going to leave it, for now. There's some tutors, some resets and a nice combo finish if I can get there. 

Commander: Dakkon Blackblade


Instant
1 Batwing Brume
1 Ensnare
1 Gleam of Resistance
1 Forsake the Worldly
1 Hieroglyphic Illumination
1 Hampering Snare
Artifacts
1 Armillary Sphere
1 Obelisk of Esper
1 Fluctuator
1 Alhammarret's Archive
1 Commander's Sphere
Enchantment
1 Moonlit Wake
1 Cast Out
1 Faith of the Devoted
1 Lay Claim
1 Drake Haven
1 Dragon Wings
Sorcery
1 Incremental Blight
1 Living End
1 Forced March
1 Living Death
1 Absorb Vis
1 Call to Mind
1 Akroma's Vengeance
1 Razaketh's Rite
1 Wander in Death
1 Stir the Sands
1 Finale of Eternity
1 Dismantling Wave
1 Decree of Justice
1 Cleansing Nova
Lands
1 Barren Moor
1 Drifting Meadow
1 Remote Isle
1 Coastal Tower
12 Swamp
8 Island
7 Plains
1 Desert of the Glorified
1 Desert of the Mindful
1 Desert of the True

Planeswalker
Liliana Vess

Creatures
1 Jhessian Zombies
1 Esper Sojourners
1 Dromar, the Banisher
1 Sanctum Plowbeast
1 Glassdust Hulk
1 Twisted Abomination
1 Disciple of Malice
1 Scion of Darkness
1 Undead Gladiator
1 Viscera Dragger
1 Shoreline Ranger
1 Primoc Escapee
1 Pendrell Drake
1 Keeneye Aven
1 Yoked Plowbeast
1 Noble Templar
1 Disciple of Grace
1 Tribute Mage
1 Winged Shepherd
1 Oketra's Attendant
1 Angel of the God-Pharaoh
1 Vile Manifestation
1 Lurching Rotbeast
1 Striped Riverwinder
1 Wasteland Scorpion
1 Horror of the Broken Lands
1 Shimmerscale Drake
1 Curator of Mysteries
1 Herald of the Forgotten
1 Drannith Healer
1 Void Beckoner
1 Avian Oddity
1 Archfiend of Ifnir




No comments:

Post a Comment