Thursday, July 23, 2020

Little Dabs

Blot vs UB Zombies
Oooooboy. 
This deck was terrible. It just never came even close to what I was hoping it would do: I played two matches with Fuz and lost 4 of 5 games. Not a very good showing. 

More than the record, though, is the feeling of how it was going-that is, did I have opportunities to turn things around?

I never felt that I had a chance-even when I got Opposition out, I didn't have the resources to follow through or worse, I was already so far behind that it didn't matter. 

I need to think about this deck as a tempo one, and look for cards that leverage tempo for me. Sadly, on that front cards like Thelon of Havenwood and Kasmina, Enigmatic Mentor just didn't quite do what I hoped.

Basically, nothing is meeting the Hexdrinker rule, and given the power curve here, that's a problem. I found that when Steady Progress was played, that helped advance my board state-the proliferate is also why Sporesower Thallid and Sporoloth Ancient are in the game. 

Which makes me wonder: are there fungus I haven't considered? The creature base is solidly from Time Spiral block and I have, admittedly, failed to do further research into better creatures. 

A few clicks later; yeah, that's a bust

So, what next? How can I give myself a boost? 

No comments:

Post a Comment