Thursday, March 11, 2021

Damage Inc.

 Tergrid, God of Fright is bonkers. I doubt that is news to anyone but the interactions it has with Shattergang Bros. means that it's a necessary card. More than fulfilling the Hexdrinker rule, I would run as many copies of Tergrid as I could. 

Shattergang Bros vs Zedruu
And as soon as my opponents figured it out, they tried to destroy Tergrid. This lead to a pretty crazy turn where I was sacrificing my entire board in order to get something with Tergrid. On the other hand: my sacrificing everything meant my opponents were, too. 

So, could've been worse.

Speaking of worse, Path of Ancestry doesn't belong in the deck. I got caught up on the 'produces any color' part of the land and ignored the second part of the card, which makes it good contingent on creature type. Since this isn't a tribal deck, that's gotta go but is fortunately an easy fix. as Opal Palace exists. 

A couple tests against a Zedruu deck went well: I was able to grind for a long time in game one but I definitely should've packed it up sooner than I did, as I lost to repeated donations of Illusions of Grandeur. In other games though, I was able to build up my mana base and once that happens, getting things going is a snap. 

It's working better than I had thought, so far! These tests also confirm my theory of needing mana ramp in Commander. The person who gets their mana set first usually has a better experience playing the game and the additional mana rocks have helped this deck considerably.  


No comments:

Post a Comment