Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Shattergang Initiations


What I went with was a more intensive ramp strategy: Shattergang Bros wants a lot of mana to do what it does. 

Shattergang Brs vs Tuvasa

Out: Scarland Thrinax, Furnace Celebration, Capricious Efreet, Blood Rites, Rumbling Crescendo, Mass Mutiny, Vile Requiem, Cellar Door, Dirge of Dread, Elvish Skysweeper, Foster, Quagmire Druid, Fungal Reaches, and Stronghold Assassin.

In: Mantle of the Wolf, Moldervine Reclamation, Open the Graves, Golgari Locket, Gruul Locket, Rakdos Locket, The Akroan War, Oread of Mountain's Blaze, Dreamshaper Shaman, Circuitous Route, Beanstalk Giant, Tergrid, God of Fright, Plague Wind, and Path of Ancestry. 

That is a lot of stuff! But it increases the artifacts I have for sacrifice purposes, or adds in more cards in the late game when I don't need the Lockets anymore. Either way, it makes the deck more playable and gives me more chances to activate Shattergang Brothers when I do play it. 

I'm strongly reconsidering my instants: Reincarnation and Jund Charm. I like these cards (Reincarnation is one I have a weakness for) but I'm not sure they're as helpful as I'd like. Especially Reincarnation; Shattergang Bros has a mild reincarnation theme but I'd rather be able to get any permanent, not just a creature. 

Jund Charm has more versatility so I'm less inclined to axe it. The ability to exile a graveyard is definitely relevant in Commander.

But I think the Reincarnation should become an Acidic Slime. The one thing I'm concerned about at this point is recurring my stuff but I'd just like to see if this works out better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment