Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Hope They Never See Me Fall

 

Stone Meadow vs June
I think I stumbled on an answer: Reverent Mantra. Honestly, I believe this card is strangely forgotten, but it's pretty good.

I'm keeping the one Force of Will I have one, because it's Force of Will.

However, a couple copies of Reverent Mantra gives me a total of three spells that I can cast for free (under the right circumstances) to get my Scary Critturs on board. 

I've also replaced Nahiri's Binding with Conclave Tribunal for two reasons. First, the Tribunal can hit more permanents than the Binding can and second, I can use the small creatures that wouldn't have much use in the midgame for mana. It's something, at least. 

The tests have been positive! Games against Noah and Fuz have said that this deck is...well, it's about as good as it can be. It's goin to suffer against ago decks but against others it really can have a shot. And sometimes, it just drops a 12/12 on turn two or three. I'll take that. 

In the meantime, the Mantra has been an absolute rockstar of a card, doing exactly what I hoped it would. It's been giving me an opportunity in games that I didn't have before. That's cool, for a card printed in one of Magic's worst blocks. 

4 Hushbringer

4 Hunted Phantasm

2 Hunted Lammasu

1 Phyrexian Dreadnought

3 Eater of Days

4 Tocatli Honor Guard


4 Banishing Light

2 Conclave Tribunal


4 Accumulated Knowledge

4 Stifle

3 Anticipate

1 Force of Will

2 Reverent Mantra


4 Hallowed Fountain

4 Hengegate Pathway

7 Plains

7 Island



No comments:

Post a Comment