Thursday, December 2, 2021

One Down, Five To Go

Six Heads vs Shockwave
It didn't take me long to realize there was one glaring weakness with Six Heads: Non-combat damage. 

My pal Erik just cut through this deck-not that it was easy, but the chip damage built up fast and I had nothing to do but get lucky. 

However, simple problems use simple solutions: Holomatter Projector can fix this. The best part: I only really need to run one, because everyone focuses on Perceptor as the biggest threat they have to deal with. 

But it isn't. Don't get me wrong; Perceptor late game is a problem, but it's Fangry that is really the issue. I can do so much damage with that character, it occasionally surprises me. Bold 2 against any character larger than it is a massive damage boost, and nobody ever expects it. Add in any bold effect or Grenade Launcher and a lot can get done in a single attack.

Of course if they do go after Fangry, then Perceptor has a chance to become a problem, so that's a win-win.

This picture is from an old game, one when Kup was the middle bot but neither of the abilities were good.  I could manage the extra star for Chromedome-if I cut Monxo. Which as you can tell, I did because Chromedome was so much better. 

Monxo was the more aggressive character, but only in comparison to Vorath. The thing is, at the stage of the game that Monxo is available, the +1 offense doesn't matter. The boost Chromedome provides over Kup is far better and more relevant. 

Still, it was difficult to get my head around that because I wanted this deck to be as aggressive as possible. Once I did, though, playing Six Heads this Thanksgiving showed me I was correct. Chromedome's hand control element have an impact on the game-including the possibility to eat more non-attack damage actions, and make problems for my opponent, while also having better stats to begin with. 

So that's it: it's a good deck with some really brutal abilities and I'd play it all the time if I could. Thanksgivings will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment