Thursday, May 5, 2022

Playtester

One thing that I've been doing for the past year and some has finally been announced!

Introducing, to those of you who haven't heard about it, Disney Sorcerer's Arena: Epic Alliances

Full disclosure: I know the designer of this game-he's a friend who's I met via Magic and I'm super proud of the work he's done here.

I was a playtester on this game, and am happy to say that I helped because I think this is a pretty solid game. I'd put it on the medium-complexity side, but it's got a great on-ramp to learning it. So even if you're just excited about seeing Disney characters duke it out, there's a way for you to step into this game and learn it at a pace that you like. 

It's coming out soon, and I'm looking forward to owning my own copy and showing it off to people, because this one has a lot going for it.

Plus, it's been a fascinating window into how games get made. For non-disclosure reasons, I won't be getting into that. The team at the OP will talk about it when the opportunity presents itself, I'm sure. I will say that it has been an absolute treat to see the DSA:EA evolve over time and become a better, more refined, and more fun game. 


No comments:

Post a Comment