Tuesday, December 27, 2022

The Results (1 of 2)

And now: the results of all the matches Jason and I played from November 25th until the 28th. I think I should also note that an impressive amount of beer was consumed during this time, and not all notes are going to be the same. That said: let's get to it!

Shaper Agnok vs Ba’zu

This went to planet 6 and was a struggle the entire time. I recognized that I had color advantage. While Kaerus Erameas was incredibly useful for Jason, evoking planets from Fenos, Langeran or Chiron, I was still able to pick my battles.

Going for the resource/color advantage lead to a situation where I was able to force him to defend planets he wasn’t able to break the overall defenses. I won out as a result.

Uriel vs Canoness

While the game went to planet 4, a crucial Power from Pain on planet 3 that was copied with Ichor Gauntlet meant that I had to put everything in on planet 4. But with a Syren Zythlex there, I arrived at a disadvantage.

Unfortunately, I forgot multiple triggers: Pattern IX Immolator had a damage ability I forgot, and I failed to use Canoness’ faith ability on a Steel Legion Chimera to help keep my units alive. When Jason played a Nightshade Interceptor, the area of effect made short work of everything else.

Gorzo vs Illuminor

This was a bloodbath. First we were playing with the dick sector of planets (Nephis sector), and then I drew only three army units to Jason’s eight. I just couldn’t hang and lost fast.

Shadowsun vs Nahumekh

So, there were two big moments in this game: the first when I had a Sa’cea XV88 Broadside out, but failed to give it an attachment. That meant that when I had the attack, I didn’t have area effect 2 and it lost me that battle.

The second moment was at Frontier World Jaris which I had to win-but Jason played an Extermination which killed everyone I had in play there. It blew me out-BUT I then made another mistake. Playing the Prototype Crisis Suit at the second planet, hoping to win and I overestimated my units.

Yvraine vs Old One Eye

Great match! But on the last planet I had no shields and when the attack, I no recourse but the drawback of Lurking Hormagaunt. That meant that my warlord took damage and I had no shields to protect it..

No comments:

Post a Comment