Wednesday, December 28, 2022

The Results (2 of 2)

Conquest: Shaper Agnok vs Ba'ar Zuul on kitchen table

Tras the Corruptor vs Baharroth

What a fucking bender of a match. Mobile + planet replacement? Things got grindy and went to the LAST planet. Jason had no units early but a Mighty Wrathknight got to come into play twice.

That skewed the battle his way both times, and eventually lead to a final planet where Doom was played and I lost everything. Good game but damn it was a rough loss.

Ragnar vs Nazdreg

This game. This fucking game! I got Nazdreg blooded but then Jason won Chiros- a planet that allowed him to use the Daemon World Ivandis planet to heal his warlord and heal up his Crushface (which had sweep!) and that flipped the entire game on me. I couldn’t come back from it, and by then Jason  had two planets with all three colors and it was impossible for me to gain it back.

Subject Omega vs Vezuel

I was able to capture two early planets and that let me dictate the game. Infest made planets available to get me to win out. A little RNG from the planets available helped me, but I took it despite the cards Jason drew.

Eldorath vs Broderick

I lost control of this game early on. An Eldar Survivalist that I was counting on for resources was crushed early and that was it. Jason also got two Inquisitorial Fortress, and that allowed him to dictate battles in his favor. In reality: two units of mine just died when I needed them to not do that.

Lost hard, and lost early.

Conquest: Cannoness vs Urien on kitchen table

Urien vs Yvraine

We played dick planets on this one (Nepthis sector), and it was a brutal matchup on Jason. I was able to get my money resources built up, which meant I to pick and choose where I wanted to fight. Once I could set that tempo, he couldn’t catch up.

Omega vs Gorzod

While we went to the 6th planet, I got got by a surprise attack for 6 on my bloodied warlord, from the Goliath Rockgrinder which had a surprise Lethal Toxin Sacs on it.

Nahumekh vs Illuminor Szeras

Necrons fight! On the second planet I had a fight against Dread Monolith-and the game hinged on it. Jason played a Reanimaton Protocol and then an Mechanical Enhancement, which put the Monolith out of reach and left my armies to be annihilated. Shortly thereafter, a Dissection Chamber appeared which was a severe problem.

I had multiple cards in had that either had only 1 health, or could only target non-Necron units: Nahumekh was outclassed at every turn here. This game was one of the few that felt bad for me.

Urien vs Ragnar:

I went too hard too early on both a Space Wolves Predator and then a Knight Paladin Voris. Instead of playing out multiple units and working a scheme to attack, I wasted all my money and Jason was able to use Urien’s deck to build an overpowering army at planets he needed to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment