Thursday, February 23, 2023

Not A Drill

War Ensemble vs Merfolk
Sure, I stopped playing weird decks in order to do some event stuff. But hey, let's get back on the horse

I have liked what's been going on with War Ensemble so far, however I haven't gotten to see Braids in action! Two copies just isn't enough, I suppose.

So I've made a couple more tweaks. 

-2 Night's Whisper (it hurt to cut this but I'm hoping the other sources of card draw will make up for it)

+1 Murder
+1 Braids, Arisen Nightmare

More card draw.

After these tweaks I was playing against Noah's zombies deck and in game one got wrecked.


Games two and three I made sure to look for Pernicious Deed, and was able to get a Braids/Rancor combo going. That does the trick.

Things felt mostly good: the manabase is still a bit tricky and I'm not sure how to amend that without just dropping the best lands ever in there. 

However, the Braids/Rancor combo is a nice one, and this is probably worth exploring a little further. 

This is what I've come up with, so far:
3 Endless Wurm
3 Troll Ascetic
3 Hateful Eidolon
3 Setessan Champion
3 Destiny Spinner
3 Braids, Arisen Nightmare
3 Hero of Leina Tower

3 Pernicious Deed
4 Rancor
2 Aspect of Mongoose
3 Rune of Might

4 Murder

9 Forest
7 Swamp
3 Golgari Rot Farm
4 Deathcap Glade

There's definitely a bottleneck at the 3 mana spot-Murder is probably going to become Abrupt Decay so I can have a bottleneck at the 2 mana spot but it is what it is. War Ensemble needs a little time to get going and run the Braids engine, Abrupt Decay will hopefully give me the time I need. 


No comments:

Post a Comment