Tuesday, October 25, 2022

War Ensemble (redux)

I really like Agent of the Fates. A 3/2 with deathtouch for three isn't a bad rate, and the ability seemed good! But like a lot of stuff from Theros, there wasn't really a home for it that seemed to appear. At least not to me.

So, I put it in my War Ensemble deck. This felt like a good idea: I have a reason to target the creature that aligns with what the deck wants to do. I'm going to be able to trade the Agent with dang near anything and when enchanted with a Rancor, the trample effect means more damage goes to the opponent. 

This means there's a chance to really make an interesting move. First, I can add Destiny Spinner as a card to help ensure that I get to play out my stuff.

But what if I could get some bonus off of replaying my stuff?

That is where Braids, Arisen Nightmare comes in.

This does two important things for me. First, this allows me to play cards that are lower on the curve; my last iteration of War Ensemble was overloaded at the three mana spot. Second, a couple copies of Braids gives me another axis to draw cards or whittle my opponent's resources down. Both of these options are good and with six possible enchantments to sacrifice, there's something legit here. 

Goldfishing hands tells me it's still not great. But it's better! I'm also, clearly, still a sucker because I decided to add in Hero of Lenia Tower. What can I say? It's a weakness.

The list I'm currently tweaking:

3 Endless Wurm
3 Troll Ascetic
3 Hateful Eidolon
3 Setessan Champion
3 Destiny Spinner
2 Braids, Arisen Nightmare
3 Hero of Leina Tower

3 Pernicious Deed
4 Rancor
2 Aspect of Mongoose
3 Rune of Might

3 Murder

9 Forest
7 Swamp
3 Golgari Rot Farm
4 Deathcap Glade

2 Night's Whisper

That still leaves me with a problem though. What do to with Agent of the Fates?

No comments:

Post a Comment