Tuesday, September 5, 2023

A Little Tidiness

A pile of Magic decks

Here's 20 decks that I've built, some of which I've even written about on the blog. And I'm going to retire them. 

I've been reading 4000 Weeks by Oliver Burkeman and in an attempt to enable better focus on my part, as well as get things done, I've realized that I just have too many decks. I still do, but you have to start somewhere, right?

I'm starting here. I have gone through all of my 60 card builds and decided that there were decks that just weren't fun for me to play. So instead of trying to force myself into playing them, why not eliminate these decks and utilize the resources elsewhere? 

When I started playing Magic, there was no mechanism to build and test decks without physically building and testing that deck. But that was 27 years ago! I just kept doing things that way because that was they way I learned to do them.

Time to find a better way. I'll still use these decks for The Retired series, and I'll keep digital versions of them in Cockatrice. I'll always have the template, and I don't have to actually store and maintain something in my brain that isn't helping me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment