Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Ideas

 I got struck with a couple ideas last weekend.

A G/W spells deck, and a R/B Raven Man deck. 

I've been trying to make The Raven Man a thing for awhile and it just isn't coming together. I tried it in Sabotage, and I just don't like it there. Sabotage is as deck that is almost there and The Raven Man just isn't the deck to push it over the edge.

The G/W spells deck is a bit more straightforward:

4 Mavinda, Students' Advocate

4 Phalanx Leader

4 Dragonsguard Elite

4 Leonin Lightscribe


4 Mutagenic Growth

4 Defiant Strike

4 Path to Exile

3 Charge Through

3 Legolas's Quick Reflexes

1 Swords to Plowshares

1 Warriors' Lesson

2 Grand Crescendo


5 Forest

8 Plains

4 Temple Garden

2 Sunpetal Grove


3 Faerie Guidemother // Gift of the Fae



SB: 2 Verdant Command

SB: 2 Recruit the Worthy

SB: 2 Grand Crescendo

SB: 2 Abeyance

The idea: use Mavinda, Students' Advocate to replay cards buffing Phalanx Leader, Dragonsguard Elite, and Leonin Lightscribe and win with big creatures. A little like a GW storm deck, if you will. 

The R/B deck looked a little like this

3 Currency Converter

4 Mox Diamond


4 The Raven Man

3 Hazoret the Fervent

4 Fury

4 Stalactite Stalker

2 Rix Maadi Reveler

3 Troll of Khazad-dûm

4 Grief


4 Reanimate


3 Dangerous Wager

3 Terminate


8 Swamp

8 Mountain

4 Raucous Theater

I wanted to use The Raven Man to make tokens, and I thought that if I coupled it with Stalactite Stalker to ensure that I'd be able to benefit from other cards emptying my hand. Fury and Grief both empty my hand, and Reanimate is a known package with those cards and Troll of Khazad-dum. 


No comments:

Post a Comment