Tuesday, February 27, 2024

It Sucks To Suck

The name took me longer than I thought it would, but eventually I was hooked by this masterpiece from the latest Striker album.

3 Currency Converter
4 Mox Diamond

3 Hazoret the Fervent
4 Fury
4 Stalactite Stalker
2 Rix Maadi Reveler
3 Troll of Khazad-dûm
3 Blood Scrivener
3 Avatar of Discord

4 Animate Dead
1 Seal of Fire

3 Dangerous Wager

8 Swamp
8 Mountain
4 Raucous Theater

3 Molten Collapse

So what's up with this? Why is it so different from the first list?

My first discovery was that Grief was in a BW deck and I wanted to keep it there. Similarly, Resurrection is elsewhere and the next cheapest thing was Animate Dead. But as options go, that isn't bad!

The Blood Scrivener has been a nice card. It isn't perfect, but as a solid turn two drop that then helps feed me do what this deck wants to do, I'm pleased with it so far. 

Avatar of Discord is there because at the last time of writing, I didn't have Carnage Interpreters. Apparently that card gets released tomorrow and I have no idea if it's good. It seems good but so does a 5/3 flier on turn 2, which is something this deck can do.

Molten Collapse doesn't have an excuse. That card should almost certainly be Terminate or Kolaghan's CommandBedevil might also fit, and I probably have copies of all of these cards somewhere.

While searching Moxfield.com for ideas, I saw someone using Seal of Fire to contribute to their Stalkers and I thought one wouldn't be a bad idea.

So that's why I'm with this list for now and I'm looking forward to seeing how it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment