Thursday, May 2, 2024

Compiling

Wrath of Code vs zombies

Noah pointed out to me that Tezzeret, Artifice Master was a 5 mana card that if I didn't have protection just generated 1/1 thopters. "It's great when you draw two cards, " he said. 

And this is a very good point. By the time Tezzeret arrives, I am probably in a 'win more' situation or one where I really need to stabilize and Tezzeret doesn't help stabalize. Kappa Cannoneers are now $6. Let's give those a shot.

2 Mishra's Bauble
4 Urza's Bauble
1 Aether Spellbomb
1 Sunbeam Spellbomb
3 Barbed Spike

3 Sai, Master Thopterist
3 Emry, Lurker of the Loch
2 Master of Etherium
4 Ethersworn Canonist
4 Patchwork Automaton
3 Kappa Cannoneer|
2 Akal Pakal, First Among Equals

3 Dispatch
1 Swords to Plowshares

3 Seat of the Synod
3 Ancient Den
4 Razortide Bridge
3 Plains
4 Island
1 Otawara, Soaring City
4 Mystic Gate

2 Thoughtcast

Going through my cards one day, I realized that I had extra Thoughtcasts in my binder. Why should they sit there? This deck wants card draw! 

I'm also looking at Akal Pakal to see if that is good. I never really liked Riddlesmith, and I'm hoping the 1/5 body on Akal will make it a little more sturdy. 

I'm also thinking of a sideboard now, and with Lavaspur Boots starting to get some attention, maybe I'll put the Sunbeam Spellbomb there, maindeck the Boots and have a side that goes:

4 Hydroblast
2 Syr Ginger, the Meal Ender
4 Tormod's Crypt
1 Pithing Needle
1 Dispatch
2 Torpor Orb
1 Sunbeam Spellbomb

I'm considering running Syr Ginger maindeck too: the card seems like fun and the appropriate amount of silly. But for now: Hydroblast to stop Red artifact removal, Tormod's Crypt for the graveyard strategies, Pithing Needle as a catch all, Dispatch for extra removal and Torpor Orb as another good stopgap.

No comments:

Post a Comment