Thursday, September 10, 2026

Worked All Week Long

So there have been a few developments. 

First, I have discovered that Jetmir's Garden does not, in fact, produce Black mana. Sooooo that's kind of embarrassing. However, it did make the decision to cut that land much easier! 

Infernal Grasp has come in as the spot removal of choice, and I was leaving Dark Banishing in as my extra copies of removal until last night when I was just being overwhelmed by tiny-but-growing creatures, all of whom were Black. 

I've had Crippling Fear in my sideboard: but why? This does what I want it to do with no drawbacks to my deck! There isn't a plague of shaman decks running around Magic and there never has been. 

Similarly, Hit/Run should come out. Before the deck's tune up giving all my creatures +1 on attack or making my opponent sacrifice a permanent was useful. But now it's just an expensive card that is fighting for space against having a fourth copy of Harmonic Prodigy, a card that has been an absolute banger, or maybe even some card draw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment