Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Zx

A new deck that I built very, very recently, named after the song by Dukatalon. This series of posts should be interesting because unlike most of the decks I'll write about, this deck hasn't been around very long and will undergo several changes as I learn more about what works and what doesn't. It was inspired by this build that Ali Aintrazi wrote about at Starcity.

I take a look at decks like that and I think; yeah, taking infinite turns is awesome and all but how can I make that cooler?

Enter Jin-Gitaxis, Core Auger. Because drawing 7 at the end of each turn is awesome.
Land
4 Undiscovered Paradise
2 Ghost Quarter
8 Forest
9 Island

Creatures
4 Oracle of Mul Daya
2 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
2 Lotus Cobra
3 Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
2 Azusa, Lost but Seeking
2 Loaming Shaman

Instants
4 Counterspell

Sorceries
3 Walk the Aeons
4 Life from the Loam
3 Preordain

Artifacts
4 Horn of Greed

Enchantments
2 Exploration
2 Rites of Flourishing
The gist of the deck works like this: Walk the Aeons with buyback, Life from the Loam the sacrificed lands back, play the lands, draw more cards and when my library gets too low, Loaming Shaman everything back in and create an advantage that eventually allows me to swing for the win.

Changes will be made because that's the nature of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment