Thursday, September 1, 2011

Addendum to the Transforming problem

I have been told that in the finals of booster drafts, judges actually do open the packs and check them before the players get the cards, in order to prevent cheating.

So that ludicrous scenario I was pitching? That happens...at the very end in a tournament. So my concerns about cheating at the top levels is much abated.

It's still hard to imagine doing this before every booster draft, impossible to set up in casual settings and doesn't take away from my other comments about how the checklist card presents memory issues, etc, etc. But with new information, I feel that I'd best pass it along because my credibility rests on acknowledging new data and accepting where it takes care of the problems I bring up.

No comments:

Post a Comment