Thursday, January 5, 2012

Freedom or Fire

This deck is an old one, which I titled after the Fear Factory song. Hell, that album is one of my favorites.

Back in the day, I played this against Jason and blew his mind: He'd been stomping me with Urza's block cards all night and when I dropped a Furnace of Rath and pants him, he got that look in his eyes, the kind every new player gets when they see a card that does something amazing: I want that.
3 Enlightened Tutor
2 Orim's Thunder
2 Captain's Maneuver

3 Yamabushi's Flame
3 Invulnerability
4 Browbeat
3 Cave-In
3 Chandra Nalaar

1 Batterskull

2 Silver Knight
2 Purity
1 Cho-Manno, Revolutionary
2 Soltari Priest
2 Crater Hellion
4 Plateau
10 Plains
10 Mountain

3 Furnace of Rath
This deck, unfortunately, has never really gelled for me. Once upon a time, there were Urza's Blueprints and Mana Flares in this deck. I think I even tried a Gratuitous Violence, once. I don't want this to be a white weenie with red damage deck, I don't want it to be a protection from all, cast mega burn spells deck. I want to cast pain in the ass creatures, use red to clear out all the problems and win because I'm doing 4+ damage a turn.

That said, I've been considering Blasphemous Act as a sweeper; with the exception of protection from red or regeneration, every other creature I can think of will die to 26 damage.

I just don't know why this deck hasn't ever come together though. It may be a victim of the Glory of Cool Things or maybe I never really committed to the idea properly. Hopefully, I'll find out more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment