Thursday, April 18, 2013

Eraser

I've been attending Modern events at the local level because there is a Grand Prix coming to Portland in early May and I'm going to take a crack at it. I don't expect I'll win but I wanted to practice so that I didn't go in and embarrass myself with bad play and an 0-6 record. I want to play well for that 0-6 record!

To that ends, I've been trying some stuff out in an attempt to approach things from a different direction. This is the current build I want to test:
2 Koth of the Hammer
3 Garruk Wildspeaker

4 Obliterate
4 Wildfire

8 Forest
8 Mountain
2 Fire-Lit Thicket
4 Stomping Ground

4 Birds of Paradise
3 Hound of Griselbrand
4 Strangleroot Geist
3 Vorapede
3 Predator Ooze

4 Gruul Signet

3 Blood Moon

SB: 4 Electrickery
SB: 4 Burning-Tree Shaman
SB: 4 Torpor Orb
SB: 3 Lignify
This deck is named after the Nine Inch Nails song, and because part of it's gameplan is to ramp up mana, cast Wildfire or Obliterate as a board wipe, then mop up with any Undying (or Persist, which I'm investigating) creatures that are left over. Blood Moon will help give me time, and the resilient creatures will do this too. When everything is gone, I could use Garruk for a beast, or to help boost my mana quickly back up, Koth for mana, a creature (if I have a Mountain) or even the emblem to have all my lands simply tap for damage.

The sideboard is there for mostly aggressive decks-damage, extra creatures, creature control-with a Torpor Orb thrown in for good measure. I don't think the sideboard is correct but there is time to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment