Thursday, June 27, 2013

Menasor

With all the hullabaloo about Slivers lately, I felt like it would be a good time to break out my own Sliver decks. I'm not going to make a claim like: this is what a REAL Sliver deck is, because that feels nonsensical. What I can tell you is that this is a deck that I made in reaction to the rise of Crystalline Sliver decks, in an attempt to demonstrate that the other colors could be good. I called it Menasor because like the gestalt Transformers, this one is the sum of its parts.
3 Umezawa's Jitte
3 Chromatic Sphere

2 Toxin Sliver
3 Blade Sliver
2 Acidic Sliver
2 Heart Sliver
3 Clot Sliver
4 Metallic Sliver
4 Muscle Sliver
3 Might Sliver
3 Sedge Sliver
2 Spined Sliver
2 Vampiric Sliver
1 Darkheart Sliver

2 Mossfire Valley
7 Swamp
6 Mountain
6 Forest
2 Jund Panorama

There hasn't been much to update since the days when I first built it, so now is a good time to give this a makeover. Mensaor is an aggressive deck that I tried to curve into nastiness, with some very rough mana fixing in the form of Chromatic Sphere because that was what I had back in the day. I've kept them in to this day because the Spheres help provide card draw in a deck type that frequently has to eschew it.

The card that really makes this deck brutal? Umezawa's Jitte. Brought forth in the desolate Kamigawa block, created during a time when WotC still didn't know how to balance equipment, this was the Sai to Rule Them All and I gave it a home in my Sliver deck as soon as I was able. It's the creature removal, game accelerant and second chance that an aggo Sliver deck needs, and it's time that the group learned how nasty this is.

If they didn't already know. They might, in which case it will merely be a matter of me enjoying what is best in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment