Thursday, August 8, 2013

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

When I first built this deck, the goal was to make a cheap, G/R beatdown deck. A bit like Wildrider but with the advantage of having burn. And then...years pass and Tarmogoyf is a $120 card. I suppose these deeds aren't done cheaply anymore.
4 Spark Elemental
4 Tarmogoyf
2 Wild Dogs
2 Scab-Clan Mauler
4 Uktabi Drake
2 Kird Ape
3 Horned Kavu
2 Silhana Ledgewalker

4 Rift Bolt
3 Browbeat

2 Shard Volley
3 Incinerate

3 Colossal Might
8 Mountain
8 Forest
4 Wooded Foothills

2 Elephant Guide
I did some tweaking from my original deck in order to include cards that would boost Tarmogoyf but I did my best to be smart about it. Elephant Guide helps protect against creature sweeps and is an enchantment, Browbeat forces my opponents into horrible decisions, even Shard Volley has the bonus of adding a land to my graveyard, in case Wooded Foothills don't show up.

On the upside, I'll know quickly if I'm going to win or not. On the downside, I'm not sure I can push this deck much further but we shall see.

The other thing this deck makes me want to do is mock up another R/G aggro build, using the Bloodrush mechanic and Heartwood Storyteller. I may have to do that while testing this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment