Tuesday, June 10, 2014

This day (won't) last forever

Here we go.

Not the best picture due to sunlight but hopefully you can see that there is a Liliana of the Veil and a Web of Inertia on the board.

I lost the games I played against stonethorn with this deck and it has a great deal to do with inexperience. In this instance, the killing stroke was to come when he cast Vraska the Unseen and I didn't use the Dissolve in my hand.

I am not used to having countermagic and I am clearly not used to playing this deck. I've made this mistake before and it's happening in part because in an attempt to radiate calm when I play, I will look at my hand and then place it down in front of me. This is good, if I focus and remember what my lines of play are but if don't focus, or forget what's in my hand then I'm late to the party and cannot respond to my opponent as I should.

So this is going to take some practice. Both in remaining calm, as well as focusing on the game in order to play the best game I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment