Thursday, June 11, 2020

The Retired-Operation: Mindcrime

I am setting this aside.

Operation: Mindcrime
 
4 Ravenous Rats
1 Blizzard Specter
3 Doomsday Specter
4 Arctic Merfolk
3 Nightscape Familiar
2 Ghastlord of Fugue
4 Man-o'-War
2 Parasitic Strix
 
3 Condescend
3 Expunge
2 Impulse
 
4 Underground River 
9 Swamp
9 Island
1 Darkslick Shores
 
3 Serum Visions
3 Lobotomy

What the heck is the unifying theme here? I get that there's a "ETB triggers and repeat" idea happening, but what it doesn't have is a way to lever the tempo that Mindcrime is trying to generate via discard and bounce into a proper win condition. There's also just 'but it's good, right' cards like Ghastlord of Fugue or Serum Visions

It just seems to hope for the best. I can tell it lacks a strong identity because I so quickly threw it out for a Liege deck. It was easy to look at my lack of cards that met the Hexdrinker rule and just toss them for something else. Especially since it helped me take apart another deck that was using the Glen Elendra Lieges in a RUB deck. If it's that easy to dispose of, then clearly neither deck is worth the effort I'm putting into them.

So, I'm putting this out to pasture, and harvesting the cards for a new deck I'm calling Night of Owls




No comments:

Post a Comment