Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Hone That Blade

Let's start of with this neat video that came along to give me some ideas.

While that deck is a five color beast, there are still some things that are worth consideration. Alhammarret's Archive, Decree of Silence, Bone Miser and Astral Drift were things that should be on the list to add in, should other cards not cut it.

Next: Commander 2020. That arrived last week and with it came a WotC designed cycling deck and it's in two of the three colors I'm using! A bummer about the red but that still leaves Blue and White to mine from.

And Ikoria has cycling as a mechanic. This is going to get weird. 

Still, one of the better suggestions I got was to make Dakkon a problem for opponents-and cards like Dragon Wings or Avian Oddity allow me to give Dakkon flying. Dragon Wings coming in to give flying anytime it can is a very neat trick.

The tests have been challenging though: I find myself mana flooded often, so I'm looking to trim lands down. That feels really counter intuitive but I don't just have cyclers, I have landcycling cards to help fix that issue directly.

The upside again is that I can add in more cards that actually do stuff. 





No comments:

Post a Comment