Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Sometimes, Just Ask

 

Here I am, standing near the Malenia, God of Rot grace point in Elden Ring.

It took me four days and over 30 hours to do this. I practiced, I watched and read other information about how to beat that boss, I tried bringing Jason in.

Nothing worked. 

At the Elden Ring subreddit, someone was (understandably) talking about the Malenia boss and I admitted that I didn't want to bring other people into my game because I suck. 

Jason already knows I suck, so asking him for help wasn't quite so embarrassing. But to bring other people in, I felt like I'd be wasting their time. 

Someone replied to me, telling me that requests for co-oping Malenia had gone down recently but there were still a lot of people who wanted to help. 

And on the fourth day of my attempts to beat Malenia, I decided, "Hey, the worst that happens is I still suck" I asked the community for help. I learned to bow, so I could communicate to people helping me that I was thankful. 

On the second attempt, with two other players helping, we got it done! My practice helped me stay alive and I even got to contribute in a meaningful way. 

It was a nice reminder that there is a community out there who wants to help, if you're willing to ask them.


No comments:

Post a Comment