Thursday, June 2, 2022

Sword By Side

Hold the Heather Hammer High vs B/R Daretti
The first couple games were great: they were a surprise to opponents and there really is something to be said for attacking for 10+ damage. Adding a Shadowspear or being able to pull up a Kaldera Compleat is pretty fun too.

In addition, the card draw effects of Sram, Paladin and Sentinel are cool. Sure, in the more rigorous setting of a Friday Night tournament, up against control decks...maybe not so much. But good in many other ways!

The drawbacks of having Den of the Bugbear and Cave of the White Dragon became clear though, even in goldfishing. I didn't want to remove these lands, because they gave me extra creatures to attach my equipment to.

Except that was why I was running the deck I was: Reconfigure cards are creatures!

It hasn't been perfect-as you might imagine-but it has been fun, and needs a few more tweaks.


No comments:

Post a Comment