Wednesday, September 7, 2022

The Retired: Dead End

Named after the Decepticon, I was hoping this deck would lock down the game using Fatespinner and Peace Talks recursion, allowing me to use the ability on Luminarch Ascension to generate angels and take to the skies.

4 Fatespinner

3 Scrivener


3 Luminarch Ascension

3 Story Circle


4 Counterspell

2 Orim's Chant

3 Path to Exile

3 Time Stop

3 Turnabout

4 Safe Passage


9 Island

4 Mystic Gate

7 Plains

4 Temple of Enlightenment


4 Peace Talks

But the reality is: this is a boring deck to play. There are powerful cards here-Orim's Chant, Time Stop, even Scrivener has uses but they don't win. They just turn the game into a grindfest that maybe I pull off or maybe I don't. The lack of a clear victory condition or path would be a problem regardless of how good the deck is. 


But also, that isn't how I like to play Magic. There's a spell recursion deck somewhere to be had that I'm totally down for but this just isn't it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment